Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting On Our Knees, in a Critical Way.


Last Saturday a group of us got together to talk about our work. We've worked hard to stay informed about the work of each of our 7 china friends during the year, in case there is anything we can do to help them. However, we branched out and met with a few extra workers that share our same goals and interests. The result was almost three hours of intensive updating, strategizing, and most important, talking to our Father. We share our "short lists" with each other, mentioning people by name and sharing our expectations and desires for those people. Needless to say, we've already seen fruit-bearing from our 3 hour session. 
One of the critical elements to any work is talking to your Father, and we are seeing hard evidence of the benefits of this. I'm sad to say this is one area of the work that I have severely lacked in most places I have lived. But thankfully, this group is more in touch with him, and we encourage each other to keep talking to him. 
At home, it's easy to let this area of your life slip and slack off. In th field, it's a must, or your work is dead. I ask my Father that I won't lose touch with him when I get home, and that my siblings at home will do a better job of talking to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Beginning, middle and end of CPM. Talking to Papa and listening to him is so important! Too much goes on above to not be connected. It is great to see the circles expanding. Keep on keeping on! I am thinking hard about all of you.

    ReplyDelete